The most versatile material at Repos with many different applications ranging from massive parts to type plates, signage and business cards and name badges. Everything is possible! Aluminum is a highly durable material suited for both indoor and outdoor applications. Certain alloys are seaworthy.
Anodizing is a surface treatment which covers the aluminum with an oxide layer. This layer gives the aluminum a beautiful look and protects it against oxidation. On top of that, the anodized layer is very hard and wear-resistant. Milling products can be anodized in various colours. (Feel free to ask us about the possibilities.)
A special method allows us to print full colour ink into the anodized layer. Afterwards, the material is sealed and the ink is locked in the top layer, which makes for a very durable, wear-resistant and solvent-resistant print.
Take a look at Printed Aluminum for more information
- Laser engraving
- Round engraving
- Printing aluminium
- Engravings can be inked in
- Stud welds can be applied
- Products can be made self-adhesive
The alloys we commonly use:
- EN AW-5005A (almg1) - Decorative anodising quality
- EN AW-5754 (almg3) - Seaworthy aluminium, harder than almg1
- EN AW-6082 T6 (51st) - Commonly used for technical milling work, easily anodized
For more information or different alloys, please contact contact us.